Πέμπτη 18 Δεκεμβρίου 2014

Max Zorn interview on Design Boom

 
MZ: I make art with packing tape, the same kind you might use on boxes when you’re sending a package in the mail or moving home. it may sound weird to start my resume with a sentence like that, but that’s what I do for a living. yet, it was a coincidence that I ended up as an artist at all. it all started with the idea to use street lamps as an urban gallery for street art. I played around with different materials and detected the luminescent qualities of brown packing tape, but it was rather accidentally. when I saw the sepia glow of the first artwork made of tape on a street lamp in amsterdam, that’s when I knew that this technique could work and had a lot of potential for experimentation...
Source: http://mydesignstories.com
 

Cellular Automata

Cellular Automata
Computational / parametric architecture stays very close to contemporary theory of algorithms...

Lighthouse Architecture

Lighthouse Architecture
The Lighthouse of Alexandria

Potential Monuments

Potential Monuments
It shows a block of marble being quarried...

Memorials of Waste

Memorials of Waste
Visually, the project reflects the impact of pollutants in the aquatic ecology